Thursday, February 4, 2010

Can't Drag & Drop, Missing Spotlight Problem with Mac OS X Leopard - Resolved!

Couple of days back I realised that I couldn't locate my Spotlight icon on the top right hand corner...and at the same time couldn't drag or move any files on my mac desktop (running OS X Leopard 10.5.8)...

and I also couldn't connect to my shared folders...

The immediately action would be to repair the "disk permission" using the Disk Utility & restart my macbook thereafter. Unfortunately, that didn't resolve my problem.

Following next is the decision to either
1)      re-install OS X 10.5 (Leopard) or

2)      upgrade to OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard).

















I chose the latter. It seems to have immediately solve the inability to Drag & Drop & the missing Spotlight icon.

But I somewhat experience occasional hanging of iLife '09 apps like iPhoto & iMovie...

For now there's too many important video clips at stake (to edit) for me to re-install the iLife '09. I guess I'll have to wait till I finish editing them first before I really look into the iLife apps...


3 comments:

  1. I'm having the same problem and I'm right in the middle of a important project for a client, i'm going to get snow leopard and see if it solves my problems, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. quite sure it will resolve your problem : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, tried it now and can confirm it's all back to normal.... even better actually, as I'm loving the increased drive space Snow Leopard gives me and that stylish new Aura wallpaper... great post, saved me a lot of stress!

    ReplyDelete

 
Web Analytics